Monday, October 6, 2008

Electro Mommy Lover

My second attempt at a full blog in such a long time. I guess thinking about what i want to say then going free from there is the goal for today. I will try my best to keep it interesting.
Today was like most sundays. WSPA from ten to seven, then kick it with the company for grub or whatever else we end up doing. Got home, went on line, talked to mom and this is were i plan on this entry becoming exciting. My mom is starting her pieces for this year and wanted some music to help get her going. I made her an eighty plus song playlist with shit like alicia keys, john legend, teedra moses, etc. Then just because i thought she would like it i played im yours by jason mraz and as i predicted she was totally into it. Im honestly really looking forward to see what she is going to do to the song and how she is going to use it. For those of you that dont know my mom is fucking amazing and a major inspiration. I like to think that im pretty good at this dancing thing and i can confidently say that she is ten times better than me. Her concepts, content, and execution are on point within her choreography.  She was pro at the age of thirteen and she is still pushing her self to get better in her own ways. Not to mention she has been understanding and given me the freedom to pursue my dancing even when it meant sacrificing things that other parents would never allow. Its crazy how we can sit at the dinner table and talk about dance on a one on one basis without ever running out of things to say. I hope nikiya follows in our footsteps since we both agree that she has the greatest potential and natural ability among the three of us. My mom believes in me and we believe in my sister so im sure things will eventually fall into place as time goes by.
Earlier tonight i was browsing some usual websites and came across a french electronic group called Justice. Seemed interesting so i plugged them into pandora and searched around the internet and itunes for their music. Its hard to describe exactly what they sound like but its some pretty interesting stuff. I guess i would say they sound like daft punk but a little harder and deeper. Along with the music i was also interested in the scene that surrounds electronica or whatever its called. I did some research and found out that this is actually huge in other countries and there is a pretty decent sized following here in the US. If you can, take some time out to listen to them. Pandora has been hooking me up since i found out about the group earlier. Uno....

No comments: