Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beam Me Up Scotty

I don't remember the last time I went out and watched a movie at the theaters, but if I had to take a guess it might have been Yes Man. I usually don't go to the theaters because I'm actually really bothered by spending money on things I'm not sure about. The reason I don't bother to gamble in Vegas is the same reason I barely go to the movies. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I really hate that feeling of knowing I just wasted money on a bad movie. Especially when I could have just waited for it on netfliks or asked drew or mike to download it for me. On the other hand, when a movie is good it stays in my mind and actually effects my actions and decision for a long time. So I guess what I'm trying to say is go and watch Star Trek because you will not be disappointed. I feel like its right up there with Transformers, Iron Man, and even Batman. My dad is a big Trecky and I hated the TV shows, but the movie is definitely a must see.



Eye Spy Check List 
*caution, potential spoilers
- Harold and Kumar (yes i think Kumar is actually in it for a quick second)
- Spoks stance when he goes to get beamed the first time (i thought it was funny)
- The golden gate bridge (why they gotta drill in our town)
- Car scene when they first introduce little Kirk (cinematography was nuts)
- Hikaru  Sulu fight scene (he mistook "fencing" for being a ninja)
- Weird red creature thing in the snow (i honestly almost vomited in my mouth)
- An actual set in the movie (almost everything was CG or appeared to be)



Here are some other movies that I plan on paying for







That's all for now. Sorry it took so long, but I haven't been in the mood to think about my day, take pictures, blog, or putting anything down. Unfortunately for you, things are turning around and  Stellas helped my find the mojo. 

Ps. Juls, if you're reading this comment me the addy to your blog, I totally forgot what it was.

-PAT

2 comments:

caramel regalado please. said...

Shut up Pat. It's my last name. I can use it.

Shanna said...

AMAZING movie. I thought so.