Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Golden Bay Bridge

Today was easily the most fun I have had in a long time. So fun in fact that you're going to wanna brace yourself for how long this blog is about to be. If you get bored easily then click here instead of continuing to read.

I started the day at Serramonte with M. Gambino. She wanted to buy the Manny x Giants x Nike tee at the dugout and I wanted to copy her. Luckily for me they still had my size, and luckily for The Great Gambino she was able to fit a small mens. The tees ended up setting me back a good $50, but it was money well spent. This is the first pacman shirt that looks good and actually fits me since most of them are really fobby and I'm way to big to fit Filipino sizes. We made a quick stop at Target for chips and the amazingly delicious Target brand trail mix (try it) then headed of to the beach to meet up with the folks for beach day.

If you haven't been to Baker Beach you are definitely missing out. Drew yelped the place and its rated the best beach around our area. Yelp didn't lie and we had a butt load of fun. Baker is a half nude beach half stuck up people beach and half chill laid back people beach. I should have broken that down into thirds but honestly I'm too tired and lazy to correct it right now. Anyways we were unfortunately away from the nudies (right side closest to the golden gate) and half way between the chill folks and the stuck up folks. (middle to left side) All in all it was a good time filled with bbq, beer, sun, football, skim boarding, laughs, and refreshing cold ocean water. Towards the end of our stay I decided to give skim boarding a try for the first time and actually did pretty well. The weakest part of the trip would be trying to show off and eating in the only set of clothes I had. I dried of quick but felt really grimy for the rest of the day at the Giants game.

To get to and from the game a few of us took Caltrain. I haven't taken Caltrain since I got my license, but being on the train brought back a lot of old memories. I told Malari and Treez to park at Target near Tanforan since the train station was a block away under the overpass. Unfortunately a lot has changed since I got my license and the station was actually a mile away from where we parked. We almost missed the train, and had to bored with no tickets. Back in the day I was only making lunch money and would never buy tickets, but now a days I feel the need to do the right thing. Luckily for us the ticket lady was nice enough not to give us a fines (also a new absurd Caltrain thing) and we got off at Bayshore during a 3min. stop to pay for what we owed before heading to the park.

Incase you didn't hear about it, today was Filipino day at Pac Bell Park and one of my heroes Manny was there to support. We were literally two feet away from him, so close in fact that i could smell De La Hoya's face on his left fist. Ok keep it real I couldn't smell it since that would be impossible, but we were pretty damn close. The Company was invited to preform during the pregame festivities. We held down as usual and the rest of my night was spent drinking more beer, eating garlic fries, screaming, paying $5 for a bottle of Coke, doing the wave, running into friends (both old and new) and watching the Giants beat the Padres 8-3. People always complain about baseball being such a boring sport, but watching it live is a whole nother story. I think it's the atmosphere of the park that ads to the drama, and excitement of the game. 

Now I'm sitting at home where it is again too hot to sleep. Im sunburnt, tired, dehydrated, and sore, but it was all worth it. Honestly I feel like this blog does not do today enough justice so I'll add in some highlights for you to get the complete picture. 

Highlights (click and take it back to the old school)
- Getting our shirts for cheaper at the the dugout instead of the stadium
- Player parking at the beach so we didn't have to walk up a fat hill on the way out
- Watching people move away from our beach spot because our music was too loud
- Feeling like a Corona commercial under the sun
- View of the golden gate bridge and bay bridge
- Seeing everyone fall hard attempting to skim bored (especially Andre the German Schneider)
- Tamaio thinking he could swim in his boxers since it was partially a nude beach
- Hearing Bobs complain about how disgusting the bathrooms were
- Watching Malari pound 2 tall cans on a 20min. train ride
- The company holding in down on a 10ft by 10ft rickety ass stage
- Seeing the pacman walk right by me
- Having a good time in the nose bleeds
- Freaking out about bats fly by us and lading on Subi's shirt
- Getting faded at the game and yelling at the away team (even if they couldn't hear us)
- Finally having an eventful tuesday away from teaching at the studio

EYE CANDY

my new favorite shirt
mp shirt

naked people under the golden gate (no vis)
beach shot

got my vans on / dedicated to regalado
sand artsy

pigeon toed
pegeon toed

thats my house....ok no its not....
mansion

jbell attempting to skim boared
jbell eat it

the skinny german eating it on his ass (no homo)
dre eat it

andy bruce's version of a public restroom
drew pee

ladies and gentleman i introduce to you, joe boxer
tamaio

chad chad the skim boarder showing off his form
chad beach

the caltrain crew (i need to stop shaking)
caltrain crew

i think this is a kaws x haze collabo
dick

shout out to fr3shprincess for the pic
co.

the man the myth the legend
(i wish my iphone cam would take quicker pics) 
manny head

pacbell park
pacbell park

yes that is the last row and end of the park behind me
nose bleed

bay bridge shot from the park
bay bridge

If you managed to make it this far then congrats, and thanks for reading. Be sure to check out the blogs of mike, drew, aggie, bobs, gina, and george, to see their perspectives on the event. (links are on the right) Later days.

-PAT

No comments: